Last week I had the honor of interviewing Tiago Forte about his new book, Building a Second Brain. In a sixty-minute Zoom interview with audience Q&A, we touched on a wide range of aspects around digital note taking and how it compliments a GTD practice. A link to the recording can be found on the Palm Beach County Library System web site.
Below is a selection of the questions I asked Tiago:
- Briefly share how you became interested in the power of digital notes?
- Explain the concept of CODE and how it applies to digital note taking.
- What are the four principles of PARA and do they contribute to designing a Second Brain?
- What are the best practices around processing digital notes for discoverability?
- The book highlights how notes can be applied over many different projects. To that end, please explain what is meant by an intermediate packet.
- What are the biggest mistakes people make when taking digital notes and how can they be avoided?
- What prompted you to share your publishing journey through your blog?
- Share a book recommendation (fiction or non-fiction) other than your own.
Stay tuned to the end of the interview where I subject Tiago to a fun game based on the podcast, Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.